North Bucks Branch
Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers
Business Meeting at Great Linford
30th June 2018
The meeting was opened at 17:45 by Graham Bartholomew, he welcomed everyone especially Alan Shephard from Dunstable who would be judging the contest.
The members present were asked to complete the attendance register.
In attendance were 60 members representing 15 towers were present.
Apologies for Absence.
Had been received from:
Garry & Hilary Reading, Tine Marchbank, John Marchbank, Brian Baldwin, Janet Bond, Janet Maybin, Sally Gallimore, Doug Vale
We wish Brian Baldwin a speedy recovery to full health and ringing.
Election of new members
No new members were proposed
Election of Officers
- Ringing Master Barry Eglesfield. Proposed Alan Marchbank seconded John Marchbank. There being no other nominations, Barry was elected.
The Chairman reminded the meeting that Gary Reading intends to stand down in August so we are looking for his replacement and there is still a vacancy for Guild Representative.
Barry thanked the meeting for their support for him.
Diary of Events.
A pack of information including a diary of Events is available to take away, please display in your tower. Updates will be sent out too and it will appear in In Touch and on the web site.
We thank Nick Reed for getting the mid week group going. Next meeting is in July at Lavendon.
The Branch outing is organised and Notices are available to take away and on the website. Please encourage support from your tower. Thanks to Sarah who booked all the Towers.
- To note. Garry has indicated he will stand down in August, which gives time for a handover to his successors. We thank him for the work he has done as Secretary.
- To note, Steve Thomason (Gt Linford) has offered to maintain the Branch Web Site
- To note, Keith Wagstaff (Newport) has volunteered to maintain the Branch Membership database
- To note, Alan Marchbank has been organising events and publicising them to members. Notices are being sent to Towers please make sure your tower contact displays notices.
- Barry will be seeking ringers for the Inter-Branch Striking contest at the end of July. Please volunteer if you can help.
- A Vote of Thanks was proposed to the Gt Linford band that had organised today and prepared the tea.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 17:56
Post Meeting Note
Ten teams entered the striking contest, which was won by Shenley and Loughton. The Chairman thanked Alan Shephard for judging and presented a gift to recognise his work. Alan awarded the Colin Snack Trophy to Ted Fawcett, conductor of the winning team.